observations, ideas and inspiration... from my pennsylvania home, garden, kitchen, and studio

Monday, September 24, 2012

A word and a recipe ~ Pumpkin Pie Crunch Squares

Hi my friends!  Hope your weekend has been good and the sun came out to say hello!  Our skies were the bluest I've seen in a while.  I love those autumn skies.  My weekend was just perfect.  We spent it mostly on Lydia's schedule ~ ha ha! She sure keeps us busy but that's okay, she is my greatest joy!!  

I made this recipe last week.  I use the excuse that it was for a friend and my mom (who is still recovering and doing very well) but we ALL know the real truth!


Pumpkin Pie Crunch Squares

1 - 12 oz. can evaporated milk
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 C. sugar
3 beaten eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 - large can pumpkin
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 C. chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
3/4 C.butter

Combine evaporated milk, eggs, spice, salt, sugar, & pumpkin. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan. 

Evenly spread dry cake mix over top. Sprinkle chopped nuts over top of cake mix.  (You can use crushed pretzels if you have a nut allergy.)  Thinly slice butter and place over top of nuts.  

Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. 

Eat entire pan and blame it on someone else!

Biggest hugs ~ Jenn



5 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Second time today I saw this recipe on a blog. Hmmm....guess I'll have to make some! :)
I'm with you, I love the colors of the autumn skies.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jenn,

Autumn skies are the best, blue and perfectly clear, love them too.
Your pie looks so good and many thanks for sharing the recipe.
Glad to hear that your Mum is recovering and doing well.

Have a happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

BumbleBeeLane said...

Looks Yummy! Of course it's ok since it was for your friend and mom..smile...

chinese food brisbane said...

Very nice explained recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Beehive Needleworks said...

Yummm...thank you for sharing such a luscious recipe! I have been using pumpkin in (almost) everything as of late...Autumn is here surely...and a perfect time to fill the house with the aroma of spices.
Wishing you a lovely week Jenn!
Hugs,
Judy xx

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts